Car Accident Attorney in Winchester, VA
Car crashes are one of the leading causes of serious injuries and deaths in Winchester and throughout the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. On average, a crash occurs every 4.1 minutes in Virginia. Approximately, 180 people are injured per day in motor vehicle accidents in the Commonwealth, according to the Virginia Department of Transportation.
If you or your loved one has been seriously injured in a car accident caused by another motorist in Winchester, or elsewhere in Frederick County, you may have substantial medical bills and be unable to work. You may have questions about how best to proceed.
You may have a legal right to demand compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance to cover your medical expenses, car repairs, and other related losses. An experienced Winchester car accident lawyer at the Kendall Law Firm can review the details of your accident and discuss your legal options during a free consultation.
The dedicated Winchester personal injury lawyer at the Kendall Law Firm has helped thousands of people injured in car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents. Our law practice focuses exclusively on providing effective legal representation to Virginians who have sustained serious injuries due to others’ negligence or disregard for safety.
We only represent accident victims and never represent insurance companies. Founding attorney David B. Kendall has been awarded a membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum® by attaining a verdict or settlement of $1 million or more. Our firm is fully committed to serving our clients, and that is evident in the client testimonials we have received.
Causes Of Winchester Car Accidents
There are a number of common causes of car accidents, including speeding, disregarding traffic signals, failing to pay adequate attention to the road, and driving while impaired. Our attorney has represented accident victims injured in all types of car accidents. Many accidents are caused by poor judgment and errors on the part of drivers.
- Intoxicated Driving —Thousands of people are arrested each year in Virginia for driving while legally intoxicated. Alcohol-related accidents caused injuries to more than 4,400 people and 248 deaths in Virginia in 2016, the most recent year of data available. After an alcohol-related accident, a drunk driver may face criminal charges for driving while impaired. A criminal conviction of the intoxicated driver will not provide compensation to you for your medical bills and other losses. If you have been injured by a drunk driver, you will need to pursue a separate civil lawsuit against the drunk driver and his or her insurance company to pursue compensation for your losses related to the alcohol-related accident.
- Distracted Driving —There is increasing awareness of the serious safety risk posed by distracted drivers. More than 14,600 people were injured, and 69 people were killed in accidents involving distracted driving in Virginia in 2016. The top three types of distracted driving in Virginia involved failing to keep your eyes on the road, looking at roadside incidents, and talking on a cell phone or texting. Sending text messages involves multiple kinds of distraction including taking your eyes off the road and mind off the task of driving, making it the most dangerous form of driver distraction. Distracted drivers should pay for the harm caused by their inattentiveness.
- Fatigued Driving —While crashes caused by drowsy driving can occur at any time, they most commonly occur between midnight and 6 a.m., according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. They frequently occur on rural roads and highways and often involve vehicles running off the road or crossing into oncoming lanes at high speeds with no evidence of braking.
- Speeding — Drivers who disregard the posted speed limits put themselves and others at risk on Virginia roadways. Across Virginia, nearly 2,000 speed-related crashes occur each month. Frederick County had 282 crashes involving speeding drivers in 2016, the most recent year of data available. The speed-related crashes caused 135 injuries and 7 deaths in 2016. Across the Commonwealth, 318 people died in speed-related accidents. Speeding drivers should be held accountable when their disregard for safety causes injuries or fatalities.
- Aggressive Driving —Following another vehicle too closely and other types of aggressive driving increase the risk of a crash. Drivers who speed through red lights and fail to yield the right of way endanger the lives of other motorists on the road. Aggressive drivers should be accountable when their disregard for safety causes accidents and injuries.
If you have sustained a serious injury in a car accident caused by another driver, take advantage of a free case review by a Winchester accident attorney at the Kendall Law Firm. We will answer your questions and provide a straightforward evaluation of your injury claim and what types of damages you may be entitled to claim.
We believe that you should ask all the accident questions that you have, and you should expect thoughtful answers to your questions.
How Can A Winchester Car Accident Lawyer Help?
Once we agree to work together on your car accident case, we will get started. Here are the types of legal services that our Winchester car accident attorney typically provides to our clients.
Our law firm will:
- Conduct a detailed investigation of the car accident and identify how the accident occurred and all the potentially at-fault parties
- Help make sure that you receive all the medical treatment needed for your injuries
- Calculate your present and future medical expenses as well as your other losses related to the car accident
- Notify medical providers of pending legal action and ask them to suspend any debt collection effort pending the outcome of the legal proceeding
- Identify all the insurance policies that may provide compensation to you
- Prepare your case thoroughly and gather evidence to negotiate from a position of strength
- Submit demand letters to the insurers, seeking full compensation for your injuries
- Initiate negotiations for a settlement that reflects the full extent of the losses you have suffered<
- File a car accident injury lawsuit in Frederick County Court if necessary and prepare to present your case to a jury if an insurer refuses to agree to a fair settlement
- Hire expert witnesses as needed to provide testimony about your injuries and how the accident occurred
- Keep you informed of our progress on your behalf and stand up for you at every step in the process
- Present your personal injury case to a Virginia jury
- Resolve any liens attached to any settlement or jury award that you receive
A Virginia native, attorney David Kendall and the legal team at the Kendall Law Firm are committed to treating clients with personal understanding and compassion, as we would want our loved ones to be treated if they needed legal representation.
David Kendall is a former Judge Advocate General with the U.S. Marine Corps with more than 25 years of experience in injury law. He and other members of the law office are friendly and approachable.
Commons Questions About Winchester Car Accidents
Here are answers to several questions we hear frequently from clients:
I’ve been unable to work because of my injuries caused by another driver, and I have thousands of dollars of medical bills. Can I pursue compensation from the driver who hit me?
Yes, you may be entitled to seek compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance company for your medical expenses, lost income, and other related losses after the car accident. It is important to contact an attorney to start investigating the case as soon as possible after the accident.
I was injured in a car crash. I have insurance, and I have the other driver’s insurance information. Do I really need to hire a lawyer?
If the accident was a minor fender bender, you may be able to handle the claim on your own without a lawyer. However, if you have significant injuries caused by the other motorist, then you should consult a lawyer. You will be at a disadvantage if you try to negotiate with the other driver’s insurance company on your own. The insurance company will try to settle the case for the least amount possible and will not offer a fair settlement unless you have an experienced car crash injury attorney fighting for you. Few attorneys in the area have handled more personal injury cases than David Kendall.
Contact An Experienced Winchester Car Accident Lawyer
At the Kendall Law Firm, we are ready to review your car accident and discuss your legal avenues. If you have been severely injured or lost a loved one in a car accident in Winchester or the surrounding areas, we can deal with the insurance companies and allow you to focus on your recovery.
We represent car accident victims on a contingency fee basis. You do not pay a legal fee unless we are successful in obtaining compensation for you through a negotiated settlement or jury award.
You only have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury claim after a car accident in Virginia. Don’t delay in contacting the Kendall Law Firm. We’re only a phone call away. We will schedule an appointment at a location convenient to you to discuss your legal options.